On 31st July 2015, Students Care Service (SCS) held our fifth annual Charity Golf at Singapore Island Country Club, with Minister Lim Swee Say gracing the event. As with previous years, corporates took up sponsorship flights by making a donation to SCS, and sending a flight of four to take part in the golf game. After the game, guests were invited to stay for dinner, where they had the chance to network with fellow golfers, while enjoying performances put up by students from SCS.
Despite the showers in the afternoon which caused the gameplay to be interrupted, the golfers came back in high spirits in the evening. They were entertained with a variety of programmes during the dinner, which included performances put up by SCS students, a lucky draw, as well as a charity auction conducted by Mr Eric Low, BBM (L), Chief Advisor of SCS.
Through the sponsorship of flights by the corporates, the auction and other donations, the Students Care Service Charity Golf 2015 raised a total of $260,000, which will also be matched dollar-for-dollar by the Care and Share Movement by ComChest. In addition, our main sponsor for the event, Tote Board and Singapore Pools, will also be donating an additional $50,000!
SCS would like to thank our Organising Committee for their efforts and hard work in ensuring the success of the event.
- Mr Jeffrey Koh, Managing Director, E+HPS Pte Ltd
- Mr Francis Koh, Managing Director/ Group CEO, Koh Brothers Group Limited
- Minister Lim Swee Say
- Mr Eric Low, BBM (L), Chairman of the Organising Committee
- Mr Peter Yeo, PBM, Tournament Director, Managing Director, Lam Chuan Import-Export Pte Ltd
- Mr Chua Swee Ann, President CEO cum Executive Director, Bintai Kindenko Pte Ltd
- Mr Cher Kwang Siong, Managing Director, Kheng Keng Auto Pte Ltd
- Mr Jonathan Yeo, Senior General Manager, Mitsubishi Electric Asia Pte Ltd
- Mr Jeffrey Lim, Director, JL Building Products & Services (S) Pte Ltd
Not in picture:
- Mr Eric Chen, Director, The Black Group Pte Ltd
We thank all supporters of the Students Care Service Charity Golf 2015 for another successful fundraising event!